8 and 9 May 2021: E34 closed in both directions for construction of definitive bridge for cyclists
30/04/2021 Mobility Communications
On 8 and 9 May 2021, the E34 at Waaslandhaven-Oost will be completely closed in both directions. During that weekend, the contractor will install the new bicycle bridge over the motorway.
Work will start on Saturday morning, 8 May. At 6 a.m., the E34 will be closed in both directions. The highway will reopen at 5 a.m. on Monday morning, 10 May.
- Traffic coming from Antwerp/E17 in the direction of Waaslandhaven will leave the motorway via exit 7 Sint-Anna Linkeroever and follow the temporary diversion route north of the Sint-Anna interchange. They will then be guided via Keetberglaan and Steenlandlaan to complex 10 Waaslandhaven-Zuid.
- Traffic coming from Waaslandhaven in the direction of Antwerp/E17 will be diverted via the new flyover roundabout to the temporary diversion route north of the E34. Traffic can re-enter the motorway at the Sint-Anna junction.
Below is a diagram of the diversion routes:
In order to ensure a smooth flow of traffic, some slip roads and junctions will also be closed during this period:
- Slip road Waaslandhaven-Oost: traffic heading for the E34 follows a diversion route via Keetberglaan and Steenlandlaan and can enter the E34 via complex 10 Waaslandhaven-Zuid.
- Canadastraat will also be completely closed off at the intersection with Keetberglaan. Anyone driving from Canadastraat to Keetberglaan or E34 will be diverted via Kwarikweg.
- The Keetberglaan at the Nieuwe Weg.
- Connection of Steenlandlaan to complex 9 Melsele. Traffic heading for the E34 can enter the motorway via complex 10 Waaslandhaven-Zuid.
- Connection Waaslandhaven and E34 to Linkeroever: traffic coming from Waaslandhaven to the E34 does so via complex 10 Waaslandhaven-Zuid. Traffic from the E34 to Linkeroever is diverted via the E17, where it takes the bypass bridge in Kruibeke and can then travel to Linkeroever via exit 7 Sint-Anna Linkeroever.
Read more about the works on the website about the Oosterweel link.
Waasland Logistics Park business park management
Mobility Environment Economics
In 2017, business park management was initiated for the western part of the Waasland Logistics Park. Participation in business park management is one of the conditions that must be satisfied to be...
Additional container handling capacity for the port
The Port of Antwerp is the second largest port in Europe with respect to the handling of containers. And, the number of containers continues to grow each year. An additional handling capacity of 7.1...